From This Day Forward

From This Day Forward

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home

Yes...if you haven't heard you have been under a rock. We are home from our trip safe and sound. Its been nearly a months since we returned and yet its seems a lifetime ago that we were in PNG. I mourn the fact that it does seem so distant and that I am back to being a full blooded American. I seem to be loosing my sensitivity to all. Steve agreed with me as we were sitting in Costco last night on our date night having pizza (I might add we can both eat for $5) that it feels miles away. We also agreed that we will never be the same people that came home as the ones that left. For this I am grateful. Yes grateful that that we will never be the same, but more grateful that we AGREED! (this sometimes can be a rare occurrence in the Ericson household).

 When we came home it was a hard adjustment seeing as 2 girls were living in our home, had moved things around and had put clothes in my dresser. It seemed as if I wasn't home. Such an odd feeling that you pay the mortgage on this house but its not yours. After a week or two and being unpacked...OKAY I'll admit it. I still have one suitcase that is still packed...our home began to feel comfortable again and I settled back into my daily routine of laundry, dishes, cooking, diapers, working etc. Its been nice to see all our friends and family while being home.

 Steve decided that he was going to put forth much effort to spend as much time with his Grandma as he could. He has devoted most Monday's to going and seeing her or at least calling her and checking in. He was reminded this week how special she is as she was admitted to Good Samaritan hospital for having low Sodium. After 7 days she was discharged home in stable condition. I'm so very thankful that the Lord has put this on Steve's heart to spend time with Mary Lou as he defiantly is a Grandma's boy :)

 We were also greeted by some nice weather upon our arrival in WA. Gracie was able to play outside and eat popsicles. Now that we are back to rain she goes to the back door and so kindly knocks on the door and says outside. Poor thing, she so desperately wants to run around in the grass and chase the dog and do kid things. I can't wait until summer comes...Generally July 5th in WA.

A few pictures since being home...
Gracie at the Tulip festival
Steve, Mary Lou, Myself, and Gracie
Mothers Day photo 2012
Mothers Day photo 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment